On Monday, August 21st, there will be viewing stations set up for visitors throughout the community.There will be signs directing visitors to the various viewing stations. All viewing stations will have Solar Ambassador volunteers for your assistance, porta-potties, and water. The Chamber will be selling eclipse gear downtown on Main Street. Not guaranteed– Get yours early though the Chamber, and merchants in town if you can!)
Viewing stations will be set up at:
– Orchard Park: Orchard Road. Take I-44 South Outer Road — turn north in front of McDonalds and go downhill. Then right before you reach Trinity Lutheran Church.
– The Plaza Loop: South Outer Road past Subway and Budget Lodging, loop to the left near the Chamber, Gibby’s and Country Mart. The loop continues uphill and back to Business Route 47 at the Post Office and Farmers and Merchant’s Bank.
– St. Clair Health Mart and R&R Hardware. Corner of Main Street and Commercial Ave. Large parking lot to the SW of the intersection, accessible from Commercial Ave. Solar Ambassador there will have a spotting scope for remote viewing, eclipse toys and demos and memorabiia for sale.
– VFW Post – Old Skylark Motel: Closest viewing station to where the midline crosses Old Rt. 66.
1087 N Service Rd W, North I-44 Outer Road West. Just off I-44 exit 239. Friday-Monday Daytime Parking Only. Cooling station, food and drinks on site. Post opens 9 a.m. each day: closes Friday night 2:00 a.m., Saturday night 12 a.m.,Sunday and Monday nights: 10 p.m.
– Evergreen Park, 931-299 Park Ave, St Clair, MO. Hillside green space for a blanket and view.
– American Legion: 215 W. Gravois, Missouri Highway 30 just north of I-44 junction. Large bluish gray building on the corner.
– Downtown St. Clair: Gazebo Park and Caboose on Main Street (Old Route 66). Approximately 130 S. Main. Restaurants open all weekend.
– St. Clair Library 515 E. Springfield Road, just off Main Street.
– St. John United Church of Christ field: 920 E Gravois Ave, St Clair, MO.
– St. Clair Christian Church. 1350 State Hwy TT just east of town. Access from N. Commercial/TT Hwy. Cooling Station, water.
– St. Clair Saddle Club 1239 Gravois Road (Hwy. 30) SE of town. Camping, food and drinks available
– St. Clair Historical Museum: 560 S. Main Street. Eclipse program at 10:30 a.m. Open as cooling station. Bottled water available for a donation or in need.
St. John United Church of Christ will have a BBQ on Monday, August 21 while our field is being used as a viewing station. They will begin serving at 11:00am (pork steaks, brats, and burgers with all the fixings). Contact Pastor Laura lmignerone at gmail.com.