On Monday, August 21st, there will be viewing stations set up for visitors throughout the community.There will be signs directing visitors to the various viewing stations. All viewing stations will have Solar Ambassador volunteers for your assistance, porta-potties, water, and if we still have them, last minute eclipse glasses sales. (Not guaranteed– Get yours early though the Chamber, and merchants in town if you can!)
These viewing stations will be set up at:
– Old St. Clair Airport: North of the I-44 on Hwy. 47, then right.
– Orchard Park: Orchard Road. I-44 South Outer Road — turn north in front of McDonalds.
– The Plaza Loop: South Outer Road past Subway and Budget Lodging, loop to the left near the Chamber, Gibby’s and Country Mart.
– VFW Post – Old Skylark Motel: Closest viewing station to where the midline crosses Old Rt. 66. 1087 N Service Rd W, North I-44 Outer Road West.
– American Legion: 215 W. Gravois, Missouri Highway 30 just north of I-44 junction.
– Downtown St. Clair: Gazebo Park and Caboose on Main Street (Old Route 66). Approximately 130 S. Main. Restaurants open.
– St. John United Church of Christ field: 920 E Gravois Ave, St Clair, MO.
St. John United Church of Christ will have a BBQ on Monday, August 21 while our field is being used as a viewing station. They will begin serving at 11:00am (pork steaks, brats, and burgers with all the fixings). Contact Pastor Laura lmignerone at gmail.com.