Get your Eclipse on Route 66 with an entire weekend planned by the St. Clair Community including City of St. Clair, St. Clair Parks Department, St. Clair Area Chamber of Commerce, St. Clair JumpStart and many other businesses and organizations. For further information and how you can “plug in” to this once in a lifetime event, contact the SCACOC @636-629-1889 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- VISIT OUR POP-UP ECLIPSE STORE starting Monday morning, August 14, at 75 N. Main Street. The store will be the face of the Chamber downtown, and your source for Eclipse T-Shirts, glasses, and various sorts of reasonably priced “Get your Eclipse on Route 66” memorabilia. If you order shirts in advance, you may pick them up here. The store will keep daily hours through 5 p.m. August 21, and then it will close forever. Eclipse T-shirts will retail at $20 for most, and come with a free pair of viewing glasses while they last.
- Start the Eclipse 2017 celebration on Friday, August 18th, at 7 p.m., with a parade from the High School down Main Street and ending at the Orchard Park. Top the evening off with Fireworks at 8 p.m. Bring your Picnic in the Park, (coolers permitted) and some surprise goodies to snack. This event is sponsored by St. Clair City Parks.
- St. Clair Jump Start will sponsor a Blue Grass Festival at Orchard Park on Saturday, August 19th, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Local, Regional, and National Blue Grass performers will grace the stage as well as vintage craft demonstrations and item sales. Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be served on the grounds. Bring your lawn chairs and plan a day of good family entertainment.
- St. Clair Area Chamber of Commerce will sponsor the Cruisin’ the Eclipse on Route 66 throughout the downtown area on Sunday, August 20th. 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration. 12 Noon – Vendors and Food. Live Music and Judging. Vintage Pinup Photo Opportunity. Trophies and Cash prizes…Burn Out Contest…and some of the best cars shown around this area and beyond! All car buffs come one…come all!
- On Monday, August 21st, TEN — count ’em, 10 viewing stations with live Solar Ambassadors in yellow shirts on site, will be set up for visitors throughout the community. (See Event Map tab.) Orchard Park, Evergreen Park, Downtown, St. Clair Plaza, Health Mart, R&R Hardware, American Legion, St. John’s United Church of Christ, St. Clair Saddle Club, St. Clair Christian Church. also provide great viewing and if you really want to Get Your Eclipse on Route 66 the VFW Post is the closest spot to where the eclipse will cross Route 66. Viewing stations will all be slightly different, but will have some sort of food, bottled water or other drinks, Eclipse glasses or viewers for sale nearby, (with instructions prominently displayed), Cooling stations or misters, and open views of the sky for the show above. Solar Ambassadors have been trained to answer your questions about the eclipse, eclipse safety and St. Clair amenities.
Please visit our site often as we will continue to update information as it is provided by the various groups planning activities during Route 66 weekend celebration!